Saturday, April 3, 2010

About This Blog

Welcome. I have another blog which started out as a chronicle of my bicycle ride through Malaysia in 2007 - a voyage I undertook to unearth, discover and celebrate the good things about my country of birth. I found much to extol, but increasingly have found the platform a little stifling. There are times when I want to rant and rave that little bit, and my insistence on being faithful to celebrating the good stuff means Celebrate Malaysia! isn’t really the best place to post that sort of thing.

So this is how this blog came about. I’ve always had a bit of a sledgehammer approach to life. My first instinct when confronting something that I find to be wrong, or misguided, is to hammer it into its proper place. How this sits within what I regard as a more than averagely enlightened view of life is precisely what the name is about.

Amarajothy: The effulgence that gives battle and brings mental illumination. Can also mean Light of the Celestials.

So here, Amarajothy has a chance to hammer his way about. To rant and rave when he wants to. Or to, instead, softly put forward his point of view – for Amarajothy has a sensitive, quiet side to him too. Whichever side is presented, Amarajothy hopes he succeeds in provoking some enlightenment, and creating some change.

1 comment: